Friday, March 31, 2006

South Carolina

South Carolina wins it's second consecutive NIT Tournament. Congratulations to them, but how positive can that really be? Don't get me wrong, UW getting slapped around by Arizona in the 1st Round of the NCAA Tournament was sickening to me, but I will always take an NCAA Tournament appearance over any NIT accomplishment. I searched ESPN's college bball section and found no mention of USC's (yes, the other USC) victory. Although the NCAA recently purchased the NIT, if you're playing in the NIT anytime after their pre-season tournament, it is likely a disappointment. Then again, during the the Dick Bennett era UW's appearance in the NIT was exciting, so I suppose its all relative. But relatively speaking, I no longer give a fuck about the NIT and if it I ever do again, it is a sad year for UW. What a bastard I am.

No comments: