Friday, August 22, 2008

What up Biddy.

Quick, is this the next UW chancellor, a 14 year-old boy who loves his family, Halo 3 and frolf, or a marginal Jonah Hill impersonator? Let's just say it's a bit of each, but for these purposes it's Carolyn Martin, incoming UW chancellor.

My interaction with outgoing chancellor John Wiley was limited to seeing him smoke cigarettes outside of my former place of employment, Bascom Hall. So not much for me to say there.

Instead let's look at some fun facts about the H.B.I.C.:
  • Nickname is Biddy...fun.
  • Spent time in Madison in the 80s...me too!
  • Undecided on lowering the drinking age to 18...interesting.
  • The first openly gay leader of UW...terrific.
  • A big sports fan and former athlete, who comes from a family of coaches...clearly the most important thing here, gotta remember what keeps the UW boat afloat.
  • Loves cats...no mention of that, but I'll just assume as much.

No comments: