Monday, February 11, 2008

Craig's list

Joe set up a rather great/ridiculous craig's list posting a couple of weeks ago that got way more responses then I imagined. So last week when I was stuck doing research at the library, I decided to make a posting of my own. I learned a couple of things from craig's list.

Reply to: gigs-559799312@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-02-01, 3:42PM CST


I'm a law student and getting pretty bored with my work. So, I'm looking for an intern to help me with some homework. The work will consist of reading law cases and statutes, and then providing summaries (preferably in IRAC format).

Compensation: While there is no monetary compensation, this internship will provide invaluable insight into the hells of being a law student. Also I often eat candy and will occasionally throw a skittle or starburst you way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well lo and behold, I got a couple of responses. I kinda assumed that since the compensation was "invaluable insight" and/or a starburst that people would think it was a joke. Well people are idiots.

Exhibit A:
Raf Miastkowski
date Feb 7, 2008 4:31 PM
subject internship

I can not believe that you are actually attempting to have an intern do your law school work for you. This isn't a Seinfeld episode, and I hope that you fail out of school and become a janitor. What the hell is wrong with people today?
Thank you



Exhibit B:

Emily P.
date Feb 2, 2008 11:49 AM
subject law intern

My name is Emily and I am interested in your ad for an
intern to help you with your work load. Please tell
me what qualifications you require.



Well, the second response wasn't that funny, until I looked her up on myspace. And wow does she have some shit on myspace.

Exhibit B-1



Exhibit B-2



Exhibit B-3



So I learned two things from craig's list. 1) People are idiots. 2) Sometimes idiots are hot.

2 comments:

hugelush said...

Great post.
What the hell is wrong with people today?
Thank you.

Dubb said...

Damn, tell that hot idiot to come get down with the crew, I got the Mambas.