Friday, October 03, 2008

Let's have fun?



Devin the Dude - El Grande Nadgas

What a memorable past week in Wisconsin sports.  Of course, memorable for the range of feelings...the shock and disgust of the Michigan loss to the euphoria of the Brewers making the playoffs.  The anticipation of the first playoff games of most of our lives, to the disappointment of going down 0-2 AFTER CC started game 2.  

Taking a step back, it's hard to complain about a top 20 football team and a playoff baseball team.  Yet, perspective is gained in the off-season, so the present remains a frustrating time.  

The Brewers need to start hitting quickly and seeing how they've been slumping at the plate for some time now, it's hard to believe that will suddenly start happening.  We've talked about them ad nauseam as of late on here, so I'll leave it at that.

As for UW, I've found it hard to read much of anything regarding the Michigan fiasco last week or OSU game on Saturday.  I certainly haven't quit on the season, it is far too early to do so, but reminding myself of last Saturday is painful and explanations of  questionable offensive play calling, Beckum's odd game status, Clay's lack of use, etc. don't offer me much insight on the collapse that was.

However, in an effort to shift focus to tomorrow's game, how about a look back to the last time OSU visited (also a national TV night game played in October).  Here's a good article setting the background for that game, as well as a recap.

While UW would go on to have a very average 7-6 season, this electric win over OSU and specifically the Lee Evans TD you see above, are some of the most memorable I've ever seen in person.  I'm pretty sure once I step foot in Madison this weekend my current sports malaise will subside, but until then this is a nice reminder that there are few things better than night games at UW.  Let's hope that rings true this weekend...or on to the Bucks and their riveting quest to grab the 8th seed in the East.  Sweet.

5 comments:

E.Mitz said...

was amazing to watch the td. especially by the guy who sat next to me in marketing 300 every exam day to copy my answers. joke was on him i was copying of the dude next to me. well joke on me because he didn't come to any class unless it was exam day. jokes.

teddytoothtaker said...

UW = NO fun.

MirkSession said...

Josh, great post on Fri, but reading it now on Monday night...please remove.

hugelush said...

go lafollete JV

Peter Guns said...

Rose Bowl '08, not so much