Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mitchell & Friends


Count Bass D - The Slugger of Louisville


Nah, not implicating old buddy Kevin Mitchell in the Mitchell Report, he was probably more into that Lindsay Lohan. I just miss him, remember that fun barehanded catch in LF? Rather, for the second night/morning in a row I'm still awake to catch the beginning of Mike & Mike. Last night it was the below-average, rip-off of Hostel, Turistas, which was still apparently involving enough to keep me up til 5:30 am. Today I was actually doing some work, before a late-night viewing of the Bucks sloppy, but quality win over the Magic. Mike Redd an assist away from a triple double, Yi looking very good and Charlie Bell showing signs of life. All nice things.

Mike & Mike this morning got me to thinking about the forthcoming Mitchell Report though, which is at most about 7 hours from dropping. I've always been one who stayed away from the steroids issue for the most part, not because I don't care, but more so for the over-reporting of the story. That being said, today may end up being a seminal day for the sport of baseball and potentially the American sporting landscape. Or maybe not. But as the moment approaches the rumors of higher profile players being named in the report have increased. I'm not sure how I'll react, though a mention of Ron Gant may bring a tear to this guy's eye. If nothing else, when this blog has been abandoned, a week from now or in 5 years, this moment might be a prelude to some crazy shit.

No comments: