Thursday, December 25, 2008

Erik James Horvat-Markovic

I'm not sure if any of you have seen The Pickup Artist on VH1, but my roomate just introduced me and I'm captivated.

I thought for a while about writing my usual snarky and pessimistic opinion on why this TV show reitorates why we as Americans should all kill ourselves, but a quick peak around the blogosphere shows the rant has already been ranted - many, many, many times.

Instead I'll simply recommend you check this show out, if for no other reason than to find out how a 37-year-old Canadien, born Erik James Horvat-Markovic, has converted his original love for Dungeons & Dragons and magic into the supposed ability to sleep with any woman on Earth within minutes. Oh - and his name is now Mystery, and his co-host is named Matador:



Other than gunning his comedic overuse of 'accessories' and layered pirate cloaks, I think the main reason the show is so captivating is because it inspires the simple counter-exercise of trying to devise a plan for truly testing Mystery's ability to 'target, seduce, and close' on any genuinely intelligent, secure woman that didn't A) know he was rich B) want a drink C) know he was on national television. (We all know even Oprah is sucking mystery dicks for money, drinks, and fame).

This morning I stumbled upon this article on Salon which includes an interview with Mystery. It wasn't until a few minutes after I had finished reading it that I realized Clark-Flory's volley of questions had eliminated any interest I had in the show beforehand. Proving this guy is a clucker would probably be about as enjoyable as kicking the shit out of him at a game of Dungeons & Dragons and stealing one of his many colorful medallions.

1 comment:

Sbrilli said...

hahaha... layered pirate cloaks....mystery dicks....hehe