Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Lost Tapes: J Wilson Raw & Uncut...Horton Droppin' Gems

The year was 2005 and the summer was in full swing. Some of us had just experienced the joy of college graduation and were relishing the final months before we had to do some productive shit with ourselves. Many of us, however, were a step behind, getting ready for the 5th year of school by drinking as many consecutive summer days as possible. Thomps, one of the more ambitious of the crew, was working on a "school project" in the middle of July! What a commitment to the arts.

Alas, this much discussed project, which involved recording the profound words of his drunk friends on the hot summer nights of Madison, disappeared both physically and in the conscious of the subjects (alcohol/time induced)...until today.

Yes, over three years later, with some of us married and with children (ok, one or two of us), these lost treasures of yesteryear have resurfaced. While the vaults are large, we are kicking this off in a special manner.

The setting for both clips: July, 2005 at the Memorial Union in Madison for a Heiruspecs show. Drunks folks all around and mics to record the festivities = beautiful results.


Horton & Ramirez - Sampling and Bullshit

This first clip finds long-lost buddies talking the art of sampling. Ramirez kicks it off with "I'm agreeing, I'm understanding, I'm feeling..." and I think we know where he's headed. Horton the Drunk Guy follows up with his feelings on relationships and music, and drops some gems on the art of sampling. A fun slice of life from these two.


J Wilson -I'll Smoke Your Ass Like a Shit Cigar, You Fuckers

Well this one is just a fucking masterpiece. Wilson, immersed in his days of "baby!!" drunkenness is in top form here. With the help of master director Thomps evoking brilliance from his actor, Wilson spits a spoken word piece that touches on friendly competition, provocative female fashion, the risks attached with smoking, the conflict in the Middle East, Custies, Fohawks, dartboards, the housing crisis in Madison and the ethical implications of zoos.

Also, that b pong threat will not go unpunished.

5 comments:

hugelush said...

I could listen to joe's rant a million times and it would still put me on the floor laughing

arhess83 said...

"My girl said I'm two, and music is one. And I told her she was right."

Classic.

Weilchild said...

I would like to add that in listening to Joe's spokenword freestyle I am not afraid to share that a tiny amount of pee came out of me. Gross you might think, or "yea right, that's just for emphasis," but no sac carriers, it's really real.

I'd like Joe to pump me up, at Josh William's mother's house.

E.Mitz said...

feel like this was yesterday. keep em coming bro

JB said...

Guido: "What you can do, you can take that loop, take that loop, and cut the shit out of it!"

Classicshit.com