Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jersey On Order


Tha Alkaholiks - Only When I'm Drunk

I know many of you love the game of baseball as much as me, so here's some fun news. As you probably know by now, the Brewers just
finalized a one-year contract with CF Mike Cameron. I was skeptical of this move initially, as he doesn't fit the profile of what they were supposedly looking for (left-handed, high OBP, LF, low on K's). After further review though, I'm cool with the move, particularly from a defensive perspective. For an explanation of why Cameron's addition could mean a +40 run differential for the Crew, go here. Of course, Mike will also be missing the first 25 games of the year due to a second positive drug test. Unfortunately it was an unnamed banned stimulant, nothing of the Chris Anderson or Josh Heytvelt variety. You can, however, look up to Cameron for his game day routine:

"Sh-t, I've played drunk."

When?

"New York City."

What were the circumstances?

"I went four for four with two jacks and eight ribbies. I'm not saying that's the only day I played drunk, but that was the best one."

Now that's a man I'd like to root for, this should all work out nicely.

1 comment:

hugelush said...

oh god. He plays drunk? Imagine this guy in Milwaukee. Let's just hope his habits don't rub off onto the rest of the city.