Saturday, January 12, 2008


A lot of people have been asking me & E-harmony what it's actually like to live with the man, the myth, the legend, Teddy L. I think this example opens a window into our world.

"Yo, went 2 De Moines Iowa 4 a rugby tournament. B back in a few days."

Received at 8am on a Saturday morning. 8 am. Saturday morning. A message from literally 14 feet away. And he had not yet been to sleep that night. He isn't on a team, and hasn't played rugby for six months. He doesn't have health insurance, or enough money for gas to Des Moines. He drove 378 miles, alone, on a night of no sleep, when we all had plans to drink and watch playoffs all day long. But it's cool; he let us know by sending us a text message. At 8am. On a Saturday. Always comedy.

3 comments:

teddytoothtaker said...

Status report from Iowa:
I hadn't eaten since 9 PM the night before and hadn't slept at all so I popped 6 No Doze (1200 mg of caffeine) ....I vomited in a plastic Pick-N-Save bag while driving. I showed up 5 minutes before game time without stretching played all 80 minutes of the first game in snow and ice, ate two 3/4 cooked burgers and a pint of grape MD 20/20 and scored two trys in the second game, sat out the third so I could drink semi frozen Natural Ice in used 8 oz plastic cups. No injuries.

Dubb said...

The man, the myth...

hugelush said...

no injuries.