Friday, January 11, 2008

Jus some thoughts...

What up all... I haven't been very active to this point, but I'm feeling like I have too much goin on in the ol' head to stay silent. First of all, I just want to say that I'm not going to say anything about The Wire. At this point, as we can really do is be cool with the understanding that it's bigger than us.

I will, however, talk a whole lot about the state of New York sports at this point in my life. The Yankees, Giants, and Rangers do not fucking matter. No they don't. I don't care if you think that they do. No I don't. The Mets, Jets, and Knicks on the other hand.... well, unfortunately they matter. I'll start with the Knicks because they are clearly the easiest target. From the point of view of a long time (and true) fan, the whole thing really goes beyond baffling. Not the whole Isiah Thomas thing... that's really just fodder for the lesser fans and national media. We know he's awful, and we know he's getting the rest of year to embarass himself. The crazy part, to me at least, is that I truly like this team. The individuals that go out and play every night are one's that I look forward to seeing. Jamal Crawford, David Lee, Marbury (yes, i love him), Nate Robinson, Zach Randolph... I love these guys. I understand why they can't win together, I'm not retarded.... but I just feel myself rooting harder for them with each loss. Weird.

I think I care about the Jets about half as much as I used to, so i won't spend much time here. Their current roster has the least amount of talent in the entire league... seriously, go check every single fucking roster and then tell me I'm wrong. With this in mind, I can't say that I think they'll be a contender in the next five years. Man... I can't even say that they'll win 8 games in the next five years. The two players they kept hyping and pushing down our throats (john vilma and brick ferguson) are fucking awful now. I don't understand what happened to Vilma... it's not the injuries that have made him this ineffective. Also, as Jets fans, we have a huge pink elephant sitting in the room and his name is Kellen Clemens. Nobody will really come out and say it, but we all know that he isn't the answer. His career highlight will be winning a superbowl as the next Patriots back up. So fuck him. And you know what ? Fuck the whole lot of 'em, I don't need to think about it right now.

The Mets, on the other hand, are a tumor I can't ever ignore. Who the fuck is Brian Schneider. And who the fuck is Ryan Church. And where the fuck is Lastings Milledge? Anybody? I'm yet to get an answer to that question, and it's been months now. What are we doing? We have the same lineup as last year, with a weaker 7 and 8. At least we've addressed the problems in our bullpen. Matt Wise is a fucking savior. Fuck that. And at least we've kept our promises and signed a front line pitcher. I don't think we've signed ANY pitcher other than Matt Wise, who's 4.00 era looked better on the Brewers. We lost Glavine, who was a gump, but we replaced him with Pelfrey and Humber and Heilmann and anyone that can't really be a starter from April to September. What was our latest move? Trading for motherfucking Angel Pagan. First of all, I don't need any Cubs over here... I'm good on that. Secondly, this is a guy that we cut a couple of years ago. We want him back now? Angel Pagan is who we want back? Who even thought of making this trade. Who took all the time and filled out all the paperwork knowing that Angel Pagan was the end result ? He's not a frontline starter by the way, he's a sixth outfielder. I'd rather he do construction on the new stadium. That'd be the only possible way he can help this team. I could go on forever about the Mets, but come April 1st, I'll be there with my gear on like a loser. They are my family, and I only really wanna see em a couple of times a year on holidays, but I force myself into a live-in situation. They know they have me, and thousands of others like me, and they're working us like prostitutes.

That's it for now on the sports. I just have one other thing I'd like to get to before I go, and it's about an old friend of mine. It occurred to me today, in a fun moment, that AZ is the Bodie of rap. He's a fucking solider. He's been there for a really long time. He puts in work like none other, and he is respected by most. He's worked with the boss (Premier), but he'll never be a kingpin. There's more to that thought, but I'm high. I smoke too much these days, just like those days and the days before those days.

Godbless,

August

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you dipshit, are you kidding ME?

Dubb said...

Anonymous, really, that's not fun at all with that brief comment.

hugelush said...

I have Curtis Martin and Bill Parcels deeply rooted in the most sacred part of my heart. I feel your pain Andy.